Pages

Monday, February 26, 2007

We've got ourselves a kicker

I finally announced in Relief Society that we're having a baby. I kind of had this unconscious goal to not tell until someone noticed. I've been noticing for a while, but that's because I really am quite a bit larger than I was a few months ago and because sometimes the baby gets rather hyper-active.

For about a week, I've been feeling little "things" here and there and assumed that they were they baby starting to move. For the past few days, I've been getting poked and prodded quite a bit--I'm not even sure I'll be able to take it when the baby is bigger. Usually it's pretty good, but sometimes it just goes to town and jabs me multiple times in a row. It's hard to believe that the baby is big enough to be able to kick that hard because I'm really not that big yet either.


Today in Sunday School, the baby was having a hard time being reverent and somehow managed to squeeze itself really far over on my left side and commenced to do some kicking. After a few minutes, I had had enough of a massage right in that spot, so I kind of gave the baby a little push. It moved away (I really don't know how it does this, it's kind of like a fish in a fish tank--if you tap the glass, it moves away) and settled down for a while.

Apparently the lady beside me noticed. Unfortunately, I don't know her name, but she asked me at the beginning of Relief Society, "As little and young as you are, you aren't pregnant, are you?" I said, "Yes, I am." She said, "I can't really tell, it's just the way you looked at your stomach when you touched it today." Well, she did notice, so I did announce it. Everyone was shocked because the girls in our ward have this habit of making their announcement as soon as they find out. We usually know when people are between 6-8 weeks along. We're 19 weeks along so people were pretty shocked.

I'm not sure when I'll "really" start showing, but here's a good "pretend showing" shot.


We go in for an ultrasound next week. We're pretty sure that we're going to find out what it is. As one lady in our ward said, "It's a surprise sooner or later..."

By the way, we're pretty sure it's a boy...just for the record.

6 comments:

  1. Your little tiny belly looks so cute but I bet no one can really even tell. It's like those pictures I had to fake in Jordan to make myself really feel good and preggers. Let as know when you find out what you are having. We are so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Nancy, that is how the rest of us look normally!
    You are too cute! I love you and miss you sooooooo much!

    Love, Abra

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I love how in the beginning, you wait impatiently to show. And then by about month 8, you're like, "if anyone asks me ONE MORE TIME when I am due, I will spontaneously combust." Let us know what you're having when you find out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's amazing how you can make it to your 20 week ultrasound without even showing! No fair...me jealous... :) (With being so short and having a husband who was 9 lb. 11 oz. at birth, I'm just destined to have big babies that have no where to go but out...)

    But anyway, good luck with the ultrasound next week - how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is pretty amazing how you are not showing at all. Especially since you already so skinny, I thought the baby would have no where to go but out. I have a friend like that. I look more pregnant then you and I have never been pregnant (my little belly pouch). Way jealous. I have a inclination that I will be huge the whole time, just a fear. Thanks for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually, can understand how you're not showing so much...

    #1 first baby... you dont' show much until after about 5 1/2 months

    #2 you have a long torso... more room for baby

    #3 you could be carrying the baby towards the back...

    From my whole experience with children and all lol!!!!

    still think you're cute and miss you soooooooooooooo much


    Hmmmmmm..... did I mention that I miss you?

    ReplyDelete